Oh, to go out again! In the age of COVID, activities we once took for granted—think: restaurant dining, cocktails with friends, a movie with your sig other—have become full-on luxuries. As more places open up, embrace that evening-out joy with makeup that sets the mood.
Which look to try first? We recommend going full-on eyes. This look is simple and hypnotic at once, with perfectly shaped brows and a sexy flick of black liner.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Place four generous dots of foundation onto your face: one on your forehead, each cheek, and the chin. With a pre-moistened sponge, blend out the dots using a dabbing motion. Blend upward on your forehead, side to side on your cheeks, over and under your nose, and downward from chin to jawline, finishing by blending downward on your neck.We recommend: Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation (model is wearing shade 003). This liquid formula in its cult red tube gives the coverage of a cream with a whisper-light feel—and thanks to light-diffusing minerals, it blurs away imperfections in a flash.
2. Brighten your face by finger-tapping a cream blush onto the apples of your cheeks, moving in a circular motion and patting at the edges to blend.
We recommend: Jillian Dempsey Cheek Tint in Sunny, a rosy peach that creates a soft, pretty flush.
3. Choose a taupe-hued cream eyeshadow with a satin finish. With your fingers, sweep two coats over your lids using moderate pressure.
We recommend: Jillian Dempsey Lid Tint in Taupe, which imparts a sheer dewiness and won’t fade away like some creams can.
4. With a black pencil eyeliner, trace directly along your upper and lower lashes, as close to the lash line as you can get, then gently flick out the liner at the edges of your eyes.
We recommend: Jillian Dempsey Khol Eyeliner in Jet Black, a dual-ended tool with a smudger on one end.
5. Using a tinted brow gel, groom your brows, brushing up first, then down, then one final time in the direction of hair growth.
We recommend: Chantecaille Brow Perfecting Gel deposits subtle color while beefing up your brows with strengthening panthenol and a growth peptide.
6. Layer on a coat of lip balm. Beautifully moisturized lips are all you need to complement your eyes and brows. If you want, add a dab of the lip balm to the tops of each cheekbone for a little sheen.
We recommend: Dr. Barbara Sturm Lip Balm. Its plant-based oils deeply hydrate while feeling silky on lips, never sticky or gummy.